Tuesday 14 August 2018

Dining with The Glam Squad at Gala House

 After such a long time I've finally got the chance to have a proper dinner with the squad all thanks to Gala House. We’ve managed to get an opportunity to try out what I've heard alot from people of how good the food there is. AND I've finally have to chance to get back on track with blogging again so here goes, I hope I'm not rusty yet.

Gala House has been around in Penang for quite some time now and it's strategically located at Lebuh Muntri where you would definitely not miss as it's just right at the corner and with that eye catching signboard you could easily just spot it. Let me tell you nothing makes every moment spent worth it when there's good companion and good food.



It was my first and the sign board itself has already caught my eye. Gala House is a restaurant which offers dishes from pastas, burgers and also not forgetting cocktails and also beers. Planning for a night out soon? You might like to check this place out. Let my show you a hint of what they have to offer.


The girls and I were served with starters and some cocktail first while waiting for the chefs to prepare their highlighted dishes. So keep your eyes wide you're about to drool over food.

Here goes.
.
.
.
Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup.

Southern Potato Salad

French Onion Soup

Clams in Wine and Fresh Herbs Broth


Freshly made starters really opens up a good appetite. I can't get enough of the fresh clams and also the onion soup, I'm not a onion person but the onion soup they serve is really so appetizing. I'm a soup person so I'm quite particular when it comes to a good soup, and Gala House serves good soup.

Creamy Chicken

I love how the they serve this dish with chicken and creamy sauce which does not makes you feel too heavy and the taste blends well with it’s grilled chicken and also mashed potatoes.

Shao Hsing Salmon

This dish is definitely one of my favourite. It's flavourful and the salmon is cooked to perfection where it's crispy on the sides and soft on the inside. Served on a bed of mushroom perfectly cooked with shao Hsing sauce. I really couldn't get enough of this dish

Chilli Crab Meat Pasta

I'm a spicy lover so anything with chilli is love, and extra love with crabmeat in it. I probably rate the spiciness around a 3 out of 10? I have high tolerance in spicy food, but spicy or non spicy lovers this dish’s spicy level is very bearable so make sure to try it if you're here.

Kimchi Salmon spaghetti

Any spicy dish and who doesn't love spicy food? Fresh salmon pieces cooked with kimchi tingles one savory taste buds, so refreshing.

Crunch and Crunk and Banana Milkshake

Burger lovers and burger hunters mark Gala House as your to go list as they serve their burgers fresh and tasty. Generous amount of patty and served with fries as sides. The best way to enjoy a burger? Pair it with a milkshake, banana milkshake to be exact. I'm not a banana fan but this banana milkshake is the bomb.

Lime Frost

Gala House serves cocktails and also mocktails. Not feel like any alcoholic drinks be sure to try their Mai Tai JR. Refreshing mixture of orange juice and pineapple juice to tickle your tastebuds.

Mai Tai JR

Strawberry Margarita

If you're looking for a night out after dinner with your girls you could definitely stay back and enjoy a couple of cocktails. The offer an area for a proper sit down dinner and also a side bar where you can enjoy drinks on a Friday night. Try out their lime frost if sour-ish alcoholic drinks is your cup of tea or you would like to cool it down on a hot weather.


I really had a blast spending dinner with the squad after God knows how long, so much chatting and laughing and catching up Gala House really manage to stuff all of us till we were stuck to our seats. Writing this really made me recall how good the food was. Guess I gotta go back there one more time.

If you are salivating like me right now, make sure to check them out or make your way down for lunch or dinner yourself. They're open for business from 11am to 12am daily.



Check out their page to find out more:

Address: Jalan Muntri, 10200 Penang.

No comments:

Post a Comment