Monday 20 August 2018

Dinner with The Glam Squad at Penang's Latest Izakaya [Akiyoshi Automall]

I'm a really slow gainer and my squad always think that I'm losing weight so they want me to put on more weight, hence they end up “jio-ing” me to MORE food reviews. Honestly, give me moreeeeee. Hahaha

So the Glam squad and I got to try out the latest addition of izakaya just right in Penang! Located at one of the hotspots in penang, Automall Karpal Singh, is the latest Japanese Restaurant called Akiyoshi.


I'm definitely not unfamiliar with this area cause I used to work there  before they renovated and changed it into Akiyoshi but wow, they've manage to make the place so different and spacious I really couldn't recognize it at all! There are several kinds of seating which could suit your preference like high table, dining or even by there bar, They even have a private room for lil gatherings. The girls and I were seated at the private room and oh the view, just beautiful. Have your dinner while waiting for the sun to set by the sea is the most romantic goal any girl would dream of. (Psst.boys take note hahah)

What's an Izakaya? Izakaya is a type of Japanese bar in which a variety of small, typically inexpensive, dishes and snacks are served to accompany the alcoholic drinks that they serve as well.
I was so amazed by the taste of each dishes as I'm writing this my tummy is growling. So let me share with you how oishi the food looks.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Chimi San Hin (assorted 3 types of delicacies)

This is seriously the bomb. It's my first time tasting a dish like this and oh my, do give me more. Lol I love how it's different from other Japanese Restaurants that I've tried before and the taste is just refreshing.

Sofetosheru Kani  ( soft shell crab salad)
Shake Salada  (salmon fish salad)

Sashimi Moriawase Matsu/Take  (assortment of raw fish)

I had a lot of fun eating this with the squad hahaha how we surrounded the boat was another level of catching up and I'm sure the girls know why. Hahaha sashimi fans this boat of sashimi is worth every penny your pocket have and trust me it's definitely gonna be within your date budget. *wink *wink

Ton Katsu Maki ( deep fried pork cutlet)

Akiyoshi Maki  (Akiyoshi special roll)

Ebi Tan Maki ( prawn tempura roll)

Tori Tsukune  (Japanese meatball skewer)

Gindera Teriyaki  (cod fish)

This is definitely my favourite. The cod fish is so fresh I couldn't stop eating it even when my tummy is about to explode( we girls were served alot of food lol pampered much) and it's just so so nice. I really love fish and this is just perfect. The sauce blends perfectly with the fish. Yum! I really miss this.

Yakitori  (chicken skewer)

Ebi Kakiage  (mix sliced vegetables tempura)

Yamazaki and Hibiki

(From L to R)
Pear Passion fruit Sparkles
Long Island Iced Tea
Passion fruit Whisky Sour
Gin Daisy
Passion Raspberry

And lastly the must have in every izakayas, the Japanese liquor and also their own special mix of cocktails. Look at how pretty it looks, having only a sip of each of those cocktails did gave me a lil buzz. (Just kidding lol)


I just couldn't get over how awesome the sashimi boat was. It's so fresh I could taste Japan ( lol an inside joke) and the amount is just worth the price. If you're looking for a night out spot for japanese dinner with your girls or even your love one this is a new spot that you must try. See how I added the must? Yes, it is a must. If you're planning to stay on for a drink or 2, there will be a live band performing from 8.30 pm on wards. Akiyoshi definitely offers a place for gatherings from a chit chat to a good party night out. If you would like to watch the video of how we the Glam squad enjoyed about during our evening at Akiyoshi Automall, click here.


For more further details do check
out Akiyoshi Automall’s Facebook page and Instagram.

Operating Hours
🕦11.30am - 2.30am 
📣Kitchen Last Call, 12.30am

Arigatogozaimas.

No comments:

Post a Comment