Friday 8 September 2017

I helped to grant my mom's wish for mooncakes! (In a way lol)

A week ago, my mom was bugging me saying " wah I suddenly craving for mooncake man". I was thinking, so fast mooncake festival already meh? but true to say malls and retail shops are starting to sell moon cakes and lanterns ( those days ay where no worries free spirit just run around in the playground with friends lol "those days")



The set comes with 4 different type of mooncakes in a box
and in a beautiful red and mint-coloured paper bag(I'm a maniac
for mint colours.)
ANDDDD really man "ask and it shall be given", so God answered my mom's prayers( in a way lol) and thanks too Ghee Hiang( click here to follow their page) I've managed to get my hands on their Premium Mooncake Set in conjunction with the upcoming Mid Autumn Festival which falls on October 4th 2017! During this festival which usually falls on the 15th of the 8th month on the lunar calendar, which the moon shines the fullest and brightest, i think that's how they named this pastry " mooncake"? haha 







Image courtesy from Ghee Hiang official page


Before I show you more about the Premium set, let me share a lil' history of Ghee Hiang with you. Ghee Hiang is well known throughout Penang for their sesame oil and also famous pastry pretty much known by all Penangites, which is the Tau Sar Pneah. Any moms or parents should know IF you as a Penangite don't know( can go hide somewhere liao lol Joking). How could you not know tau sar pneah man?? it's sooooo good. Haven't try it yet? you should make your way to Ghee Hiang today lol. They do not only have 6 retail outlets across Malaysia but now, technology has advanced till you can do purchasing online, efficient man! Ghee Hiang has been around for over 160 years and they are still going strong. 





Time to move on to the best part, where I show you fooooooooooood.



This is the Premium Set 1. There is actually another set
but on hand with me there's only set 1.


So a few days ago I manage to have a tea sesh at home with my Queen(you know who). And yes you got it right,we had mooncakes! yummm!

And just look at it, it's looks so traditional defined that I don't even feel like touching it( but for you to see how good is it, I have to sacrifice some of these beauty XD)


















Lotus Double Yolk Mooncake


Red Bean Mooncake
Lotus Pandan Single Yolk Mooncake 





This one is the Lotus Pandan With Single Yolk, the pandan taste is so niceeeeeeee. ANd there's lil hint of nuts too! It's averagely sweet but I don't think you can finish the whole mooncake la, the main goal is to share what XD hahah













Mix Nuts Mooncake




This, is the glorious Mix Nuts Mooncake (I don't know why but I really love nuts). See how much nuts there is inside? and different type of nuts too! I'm impressed Ghee Hiang. lol 









We had a pot of Pu Er ( it was sooo good) to go along
with our mooncake tasting session teeheee.



Overall, I really had a good tea season with my mom and James as well. lol We're Asian so of course we love to enjoy tea the traditional way. Look at how my mom is salivating hahaha joking mom! ;D

















If you want to know more about Ghee Hiang, check their page here:

Retail Boutique Adress (Penang Branch)
95 Beach Street, 10300 Penang
UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site
T: 604-262 0635  F: 604-263 5158
Open: Daily 9am - 6pm

216 Macalister Road, 10400 Penang.
T: 604-227 2222  f: 604227 2522
Open: Daily 9am - 9pm

144-G & H Burmah Road, 10050 Penang.
T: 604-228 1077
Open: Daily 9am - 7pm






Do you want to see a more westernized or should we call it fusion? lol Or a fusion type of a high tea session? Stay tuned and follow me blog as I'll share my tea session with a few bloggers and how we had so much fun having tea together. 

And don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram


1 comment:

  1. I love mooncakes, especially those with eggs in them (the one with nuts in them tastes really good as well). After reading your post, it makes me wanna eat mooncakes haha

    ReplyDelete